2. Warden’s Report on Membership Cards by Dan Cincoski
3. Opening Prayer offered by Grand Knight Rode
4. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
5. Roll Call of Officers
Office Name Pres Office Name Pres
Chaplain Vacant Vac Advocate Tom Silver A
Grand Knight John Rode P Warden Dan Cincoski P
Dep.Grand Eugene Dust P Inside Jose A Knight Guard Rodriguez-Belerrari
Chancellor Tom Murphy A Outside Guard Pat Karn A
Recorder Jim Grube P Trustee 3 Year Dave Stumpf P
Financial Ed Hagerty P Trustee 2 Year Bill Swing P Secretary
Treasurer Mark Mertens P Trustee 1 Year Earl Forrence A
Lecturer Marty Dehen A
Present: 8 Absent: 6
6. Non-Officer Council Members in Attendance (10 members present for votes): Tom Lee, Nathan Lee
7. Knights of Columbus Guests:
8. Opening Ode: The Council dispensed with the opening ode.
9. Chaplain’s Report: None
10. Reading of Minutes of Previous Meeting: The record of the Council finances and actions of the July 10, 2018 General Membership meeting was approved.
11. Report of Admission Committee and Reading of Applications:
12. Balloting for Membership (new, readmission. reapplications, transfers):
14. Grand Knight’s Report:
15. Treasurer’s Report: The Council account balance was $6,758.62 as of August 14, 2018. Motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report was approved.
16. Financial Secretary’s Report: Total Receipts reported for the period: $30.00 (1 batch). Total Disbursements reported for the period: $2,466.00 (4 Vouchers – $1,016.00, $700.00, $500.00 and $250.00). Motion to accept the Financial Secretary’s report was approved.
Motion to pay the Council bills was approved
17. Grand Knight Reading of Treasurer’s Receipts, Financial Secretary Vouchers for Deposit – See Financial Secretary’s Report #16 above.
18. Report of Auditors and Trustees
19. Chancellor’s Report on Vocations – No report
20. Service Program Committee Reports
Noted: The following are newly named positions fashioned to coincide with the new “Faith in Action” motto of the Knights of Columbus – effective July 1st 2018.
Program Director: Dave Stumpf – No report
Faith Director: Earl Forrence – No report
Vocations Chairman: Tom Silver – No report.
Community Director: Chris Kostelc – No report
Life Director: Pat Karn – No report.
Health Services: Dr Stephen Johnson – No report
Public Relations: Matt Mamura – No report
Family Director: Jim Grube – No report.
Membership Director: John Rode – No Report.
Recruitment Committee 1: Dan Cincoski – No report
Recruitment Committee 2: Dave Stumpf – No report.
Recruitment Committee 3: Mark Mertens – No report.
Retention Chairman: Ed Hagerty -No report
Insurance Promotion: Tom Murphy – No report.
Lecturer: Marty Dehen – No report
21. Report of the Round Table Chairman – Not applicable
22. Report of Standing Committees
HNOJ Life Commission – No report
23. Unfinished Business
1 Elevate Life Fundraiser update – It was noted that the Council received an email of thanks from Murray Wolf for the $250 sponsorship the Council provided for the Elevate Life golf tournament. Murray included a photo of the hole sponsorship sign that advised people of the Council’s support. The Council also received a thank you card from Jane Riley Best, the Elevate Life Development Director.
2 Program officers update – Grand Knight noted that the titles for many programs have been revised by the Supreme Council. District Deputy Swing noted that certain security updates are needed for two service areas – see #27, the District Deputy report.
3 Council calendar update – Grand Knight Rode reviewed for the members the planned activities for 2018/2019. He noted that he has been in communication with Barb Seliski on the reconciliation of a few items that appear to still be unresolved.
4 Help needed for the 2018/2019 fraternal year – Grand Knight Rode read a list of Council member responsibility assignments for the year. During the discussion that ensued, Tom Lee and Mark Mertens expressed willingness to work with Jim Grube on the Big-Small Dinners.
District Deputy Swing mentioned that the Council needs to identify someone to help coordinate the Special Olympics bowling tournament on November 29. During the discuss that ensued it was noted that communication from the state Council is lacking and thus local members are unaware of the activity. It was agreed communication needs to improve.
5 Fall festival update – Dan Cincoski reported that everything is set for the upcoming Fall Festival. 600 ears of corn have been ordered and an adequate warming oven has been located. Dan indicated that Steve Zylla and Chuck Gonderinger will be helping with food preparation. Volunteer signup is through the Parish website, not the Council website.
24. New Business – No new business was brought forward.
25. Report of the Fourth Degree – Dan Cincoski reported on the Fourth Degree Exemplification was held July 28 at St. Vincent Parish in Brooklyn Park. Dave Stumpf and Tom Murphy went through the exemplification and became Fourth Degree Knights. During discussion regarding the activities, Dan provided a brief summary of the new garb the Fourth Degree Knights will be wearing effective July 1, 2019.
Dan reported that the fall exemplification will occur in Lino Lakes and the spring exemplification will occur in Bloomington.
26. Field Agent’s Report – John Egan is the new District 53 Field Agent. John’s contact information is: email – firstname.lastname@example.org cell phone – 763-234-1477 and address – 8920 100th Avenue North, Maple Grove, MN 55322.
27. District Deputy’s Report – District Deputy Bill Swing had issued a written report earlier. Issues addressed in the report were:
July 12, 2018 District 53 meeting held at Holy Name of Jesus:
Faith in Action: The new Knights of Columbus motto, “Faith in Action”, was discussed.
2017-2018 membership and insurance membership numbers: In the past year the District realized a net gain of three members, while there was a net loss of three insurance members.
2018-2019 goals: A round table discussion occurred during which attendees shared ideas for increasing membership and improving programs. A list of ideas was included.
District activities: A list of suggested District activities was generated and District Deputy Swing asked that anyone with other suggestions contact him.
State awards: Our Council was recognized for 2017-2018 Program & Membership Excellence; Pennies for Seminarians; Jim Campbell Scholarship Fund support; and the following individuals were recognized for membership recruitment – Dan Cincoski, Dave Stumpf, Tom Lee.
Service program title changes: A number of service areas have been assigned new names by the Supreme Council and provided a list of the new titles.
Safe Environment Program training & background check requirements: The Council must submit a program director, family director, and community director. Youth Environment Training and Background check must be completed by the community director, and family director. Youth Environment Training only must be completed by the program director and the grand knight.
Metro Area Major Degrees: August 20th at Transfiguration Church 6133 15th Street North, Oakdale, with First Degree at 5:30 PM, Second Degree at 6:30 PM and Third Degree immediately thereafter.
Mary’s Meals fundraiser dinner: To occur September 27th at St. Joseph of the Lake, 171 Elm Street, Lino Lakes (adults – $15 & children – $10).
US Bank Stadium Coats for Kids drive with Catholic schools: To occur at the US Bank on October 10th.
2019 Knights of Columbus Supreme Convention: The convention will be held in Minneapolis, August 5-8, with preconference events beginning August 3rd.
28. Good of the Order:
- The family of Ed Ayd on his passing
- Christopher “Kip” Walker and wife Susan
- Dick and Mary Alice Hargarten
- Jerry Sisk
- George Laurance
- Tom Silver
- Earl Forrence
- Dave Stumpf
- Dave Brinza
- Paul Silver (Tom Silver’s brother)
- Bill Rudolph
- John Egan as he begins his new role as the District Field Agent and for John’s family as they await the safe return of their son from deployment in Afghanistan
- Davone Yang and family
- Father Steve
- Supreme Court Justice Nominee Brett Kavanaugh
- Bill Murphy – Golden Valley Council Field Agent who is having surgery to remove brain tumors
- Students heading to college
- Those suffering from the effects of natural disasters
- Those victims and survivors of mass shooting incidents
- Those preparing for marriage
- Those in troubled marriages
- The unborn and pro-life
- Prayers of thanks for Pope Francis
- All Bishops, Priests and Religious
- The unemployed and those seeking work
- Troubled youth
- In thanksgiving for prayers answered
- For all Brother Knights and their families in need of our prayers
- Candidates for vocations
- Police Officers
- Armed Forces
- All 1st responders
29. Closing Prayer: The closing prayers were offered at 8:59 PM.
30. Closing Ode: The Council dispensed with the closing ode.
31. Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.