1. The March 14, 2017 Council meeting was called to order at 7:35 PM by GK Stumpf
2. Warden’s Report on Membership Cards by Jim Grube in place of Jason Touw
3. Opening Prayer offered by GK Stumpf
4. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
|Grand Knight||Dave Stumpf||P||Warden||Jason Touw||A|
|Deputy Grand Knight||John Rode||P||Inside Guard||Jose Rodriguez-Belerra||A|
|Chancellor||Eugene Dust||A||Outside Guard||Pat Karn||A|
|Recorder||Jim Grube||P||Trustee 3 yr||Bill Swing||A|
|Financial Secretary||Edward Hagerty||P||Trustee 2 yr||Earl Forrence||P|
|Treasurer||Mark Mertens||P 8:05||Trustee 1 yr||Daniel Cincoski||P|
|Lecturer||Martin Dehen||P||Present: 9||Absent: 5|
6. Non-Officer Council Members in Attendance ( 9 members present for votes)
7. Knights of Columbus Guests:
8. Opening Ode: The Council members dispensed with the opening ode.
9. Chaplain’s Report: None
10. Reading of Minutes of Previous Meeting:
With a correction in the amount of payment to be made for the Pennies for Seminarians/Jim Campbell Fund from $238 to $268, the record of Council finances and actions of the February 14, 2017 General Membership meeting were approved.
11. Report of Admission Committee and Reading of Applications: Dan Cincoski reported that Larry Deeney is transferring from the Crystal Council, and Nicholas Gabriel is transferring from the Broken Bow, Nebraska Council.
12. Balloting for Membership (new, readmission. reapplications, transfers): Dan Cincoski reported a Form 100 is still pending from Eric Carlson.
13. Initiations: None
14. Grand Knight’s Report
15. Treasurer’s Report
The Council account balance is $ 9,136.49 as of March 14, 2017. Motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report was approved.
16. Financial Secretary’s Report: Total Receipts reported for the period: $6,024.77 (5 batches: $1,237.00, $885.00, $190.00, $180.00 and $3,532.77); Total Disbursements reported for the period: $2,396.78 (5 Vouchers: $16.95, $210.00, $70.00, $599.83 and $1,500.00).
Motion to accept the Financial Secretary’s report – Approved
Motion to pay the Council bills – Approved
17. Grand Knight Reading of Treasurer’s Receipts, Financial Secretary Vouchers for Deposit – See Financial Secretary’s Report, #16 above.
18. Report of Auditors and Trustees – No report
19. Chancellor’s Report on Vocations – No report
20. Service Program Committee Reports
Program Director: Dave Stumpf – No report
Church Director: Earl Forrence – No report
Vocations: Tom Silver reported that Father Bryan Pedersen, Pastor of the Church of the Sacred Heart spoke at the March 10 Serra Club meeting where he discussed the impact the Catholic faith had on his family as a child when his parents converted to Catholicism from the Episcopalian Church.
Council Service Director: Ed Ayd – No report
Culture of Life Director: Unassigned – No report
Public Relations: Jason Touw – No report
Family Service Director: Jim Grube – No report
Youth Activity Director: Unassigned – No report
Membership: Dan Cincoski reported the Council membership stands at 134 , with 55 Insurance members and 79 Associate members, as of March 1, 2017
Recruitment: John Rode – No report
Retention: Financial Secretary Ed Haggerty reported 23 Council members have not yet renewed their membership for 2017.
Lecturer: Marty Dehen – No report
HNOJ Life Commission: No report.
21. Report of the Round Table Chairman – Not applicable
22. Report of Standing Committees – No report
23. Unfinished Business
- Big/Small Dinner – Grand Knight Stumpf reported Nate Reinhardt sent a thank you email to members who served the Big/Small Dinner and also asked that the Council repeat its efforts at the April 25th dinner. Those who help are to arrive at 5:15 PM.
- Pancake Breakfast/RCIA Brunch – Grand Knight Stumpf reported that the Council’s efforts were well received.
- Seafood Buffet – Grand Knight Stumpf reported Lani Schlundt is considering coordinating next year’s buffet. Motion to provide $250 to the KC Auxiliary was approved
- RSVP – Grand Knight Stumpf advised that the report of support for Seminarians is due April 1. Motion to provide $500 each in support of Bryce Evans of St. Thomas Parish in Corcoran and Matthew Shireman of St. Therese Parish in Deephaven was approved.
24. New Business
1. Passion Play Rosaries – Lecturer Dehen reported he presented rosaries to the 9th Grade Passion Play cast on March 13th, discussing the history of the rosary and the KC’s.
2. April 2nd Pancake Breakfast – It was noted that a number of area schools will be on Spring break on April 2nd.
3. Founders Day Mass March 29th Official date – Discussion ensued regarding timing of a Mass and opinion favored April 23 when we will be selling Tootsie Rolls.
4. Watchfire – Earl Forrence signed up the Council for 1:00 -3:00 PM April 15th.
5. RCIA Reception April 15th – Grand Knight Stumpf reported food preparation will occur in the morning. As in past years Council members will be serving at the reception which is to occur immediately after the evening Mass. Volunteers are to report at 9:00 PM. Dave will send out a request for Council member help.
6. Tootsie Roll April 22-23rd – There was no further discussion regarding this item.
7. Big/Small Dinner – As a follow-up to item 1 of Unfinished Business, Grand Knight Stumpf reported 10 Knights will be needed to help serve the April 25th dinner.
8. Officers for next year – Discussion ensued on the subject and Dan Cincoski reported he is looking over the Council roster for potential officers in fulfillment of the responsibility of the Trustee 1 Year position.
9. State Convention – Discussion ensued regarding the upcoming convention scheduled for May 19-21 in Brooklyn Park. Dave Stumpf and John Rode are the Council’s designated representatives with Earl Forrence designated as an alternate.
10. Rosary Distribution – Earl Forrence reported he is scheduled to give rosaries to the Confirmation class on April 26th at 7:00 PM. In addition, he is working on a schedule of delivery of rosaries to the RCIA Candidates.
11. Archdiocesan Men’s Conference – The conference is scheduled for 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM March 18. Men will be carpooling from Holy Name.
25. Report of the Fourth Degree:
Dan Cincoski reported the next exemplification is to be April 22/23 in Mankato.
26. Field Agent’s Report: No report
27. District Deputy’s Report: No report
28. Good of the Order:
Joe & Dan Vorderbruggen
Christopher “Kip” Walker and wife Susan on the passing of her father
Father Marty Fleming
Deacon Sam Catapano
Ava (family member of Jason Touw’s fiancé)
Jean Roozendaal on the passing of her husband Fritz
Those preparing for marriage
Those in troubled marriages
The unborn and pro-life
Prayers of thanks for Pope Francis
Bishops, Priests and Religious of the Archdiocese of St. Paul – Minneapolis
In thanksgiving for prayers answered
For all Brother Knights and their families in need of our prayers
Candidates for vocations
All 1st responders
Father Steve and Family
29. Closing Prayer: The closing prayers were offered at 8:59 PM.
30. Closing Ode: The Council dispensed with the closing ode.
31. Meeting Adjourned: The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
Closing Reminders: April 2 Pancake Breakfast
Jim Grube, Recording Secretary